IntelePeer, Nuestar, Sonus, Swisscom and ZTE Corporation
bring membership to 32 in organization’s first year
SAN RAMON, Calif. – Sept. 11, 2012 -- IntelePeer, Neustar, Sonus Networks, Swisscom and ZTE Corporation have joined the Open Visual Communications Consortium™ (OVCC™), a group of leading service and solution providers creating the blueprint to deliver high-quality video collaboration that connects any vendor, any network and any device, anywhere.
With IntelePeer, Neustar, Sonus, Swisscom and ZTE Corporation, OVCC membership has climbed to 32 companies from five continents.
The consortium welcomes its new members:
- IntelePeer – IntelePeer, Inc. is a leading provider of on-demand, cloud-based communications services that deliver high quality voice, video and unified communications for enterprises and service providers. Its technology enables customers to make a rapid, cost-effective shift from legacy telecommunications networks to next-generation, IP-based communications, improving their return on investment on communications equipment and services.
- Neustar – Neustar, Inc. is a trusted, neutral provider of real-time information and analysis to the Internet, telecommunications, entertainment and marketing industries throughout the world. Neustar applies its advanced, secure technologies in routing, addressing and authentication to its customers’ data to help them identify new revenue opportunities and network efficiencies, and institute cybersecurity and fraud protection measures.
- Sonus – Sonus is a leader in IP networking with proven expertise in delivering secure, reliable and scalable session border control and IP infrastructure solutions. With customers in over 50 countries across the globe and over a decade of experience in transforming networks to IP, Sonus has enabled service providers and Fortune 500 enterprises to deliver cloud enabled SIP Trunking, VoIP and UC solutions.
- Swisscom – Swisscom Corporate Business specializes in communications solutions and the associated IT infrastructures for corporate customers. Voice or data, mobile or fixed network, individual products or integrated solutions: as the leading specialist provider, Swisscom Corporate Business offers tailor-made business communications solutions – from planning through realization to operation of the overall information and communications infrastructure (ICT), all from a single source. With Managed Video Conferencing, Swisscom provides its customers with an all-round carefree package for videoconferences. The central video exchange platform offered by this cloud-based service allows videoconferences with other video endpoints across company boundaries.
- ZTE Corporation – ZTE Corporation is a leading global provider of telecommunications equipment and network solutions. ZTE has the industry’s most comprehensive product range and end-to-end solutions, covering virtually every telecommunications sector, including wireless, access & bearer, VAS, terminals and professional services. Depending on the accumulated abundant technology in the network, multimedia, services and other fields, ZTE has always been committed to the integration and innovation of videoconferencing products and has achieved brilliant results. ZTE multimedia videoconferencing system has a large number of customer groups in the world, successfully applied in many industry operators and videoconferencing backbone network. Now hundreds of thousands of equipments are running stably in the world.
“The OVCC consortium is excited to announce five new members this month. This means we have more than tripled our membership in our first 12 months. We are represented by industry-leading companies on five continents offering services that span the globe,” said Andrew McFadzen, OVCC president. “OVCC members have announced that the first wave of OVCC compliant services will launch in 2012. Each new member brings the organization -- and our members’ customers around the world -- closer to making video conference calls as easily as they make phone calls.”
OVCC members contribute to and implement the OVCC technical and commercial blueprint, using established standards and best practices to accelerate and commercialize business-to-business video communications. OVCC members are committed to providing video around the world to enable enterprise users to place and receive video calls beyond corporate firewalls and across standards-based and proprietary video platforms. The first OVCC services are scheduled to launch later this year.
Service providers will develop and implement OVCC technical and commercial specifications based on industry standards, best practices and business approaches to answer the need for interconnection, addressing, signaling, interoperability and service coordination. Interoperable, high-quality connectivity across networks and devices should allow network providers to profitably and predictably monetize their inter-enterprise video exchanges. By making interoperability requirements invisible to the enterprise, the OVCC specification enables enterprise users to leverage video conferencing investments and enable more efficient value chains – spanning customers, distributors and suppliers – to improve the speed and efficiency of doing business.
Video collaboration stakeholders interested in closing video connectivity gaps should visit www.ovcc.net or meet OVCC members in person at Interop in New York, Oct. 1-5, 2012.
Open Visual Communications Consortium is a group of global video exchange providers, network providers and equipment manufacturers that have united to expand video communications and simplify video calls. OVCC members will create multi-vendor, multi-network specifications offering a technical blueprint and business model to support the full spectrum of video systems, from immersive telepresence and room-based systems, to high definition and standard definition, and from desktop clients to mobile devices. Join the OVCC by visiting us at ovcc.net.
Open Visual Communications Consortium is a non-profit organization under Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code.
OVCC is a trademark or registered trademark of the Open Visual Communications Consortium in the United States, other countries or both. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.