SAN RAMON, Calif. – Feb. 23, 2012 – Open Visual Communications Consortium™ (OVCC™), a group of leading service and solution providers, is creating the blueprint to deliver high-quality video collaboration that connects any vendor, any network and any device, anywhere. Since its incorporation in October 2011, eight new industry stakeholders have joined the OVCC group to contribute to and implement the OVCC technical and commercial blueprint, leveraging established standards and best practices to accelerate and commercialize business-to-business video communications. OVCC members are committed to providing video around the world to enable enterprise users to place and receive video calls beyond corporate firewalls and across standards-based and proprietary video platforms.
The consortium welcomes its new members, which represent a cross-section of industry leaders and strengthen the group’s collaboration:
· AARNet Pty. Ltd. – AARNet operates Australia’s Academic and Research Network and provides high-capacity leading edge Internet services for the tertiary education and research sector communities and their research partners, serving more than 1 million end users and advocating improved telecommunications facilities and services.
· Acme Packet – Acme Packet is a leader in session delivery network solutions. It enables the delivery of interactive communications – voice, video and multimedia sessions – and data services across IP network borders. Session border control is a service delivery architecture encompassing many different product categories.
· Glowpoint – Glowpoint provides cloud managed video services that make delivery of consistently high-quality video conferencing and telepresence service as simple as the Internet, between any endpoint, network and business.
· PCCW Global Ltd. – PCCW Global serves the voice and data needs of multinational enterprises and telecommunication service providers. Covering more than 1,600 cities and 120 countries, PCCW Global’s network supports a portfolio of integrated global communication solutions based on the latest Ethernet, IP, fiber, satellite transmission technologies, in particular to emerging markets in Asia, Africa, the Middle East and Latin America.
· Sabre Travel Network – Sabre connects travel buyers and sellers through the world’s largest travel marketplace, the Sabre® global distribution system (GDS). And, through advanced technological solutions and services, it brings travel to life for millions of people each year.
· SingTel Group – SingTel is Asia’s leading communications group, providing a diverse range of communication services and solutions, including fixed, mobile, data, Internet, info-communications technology, satellite and pay TV.
· XConnect – XConnect offers the most comprehensive and reliable federation-based ENUM registry and next-generation multimedia interconnection and peering services, enabling fixed, mobile and Web 2.0 service providers to deploy rich multimedia IP communications such as HD voice and video on a cross-network basis while reducing costs and increasing service quality. XConnect also operates the Video Interconnection Exchange (VIE), the world's first neutral, vendor agnostic, cross-network global video federation.
· YorkTel Corporation – Yorktel designs, integrates and manages world-class video solutions that enable visual communications – anytime, anywhere, anyway – including video conferencing, managed services, video production media services and digital signage. System interoperability is a core innovative strength of Yorktel.
The new members join OVCC founders and existing members, including some of the world’s largest solution and service providers in the video communications ecosystem: AT&T; BCS Global; Bharti Airtel; BT Conferencing; Dialogic, Inc.; Masergy; Orange Business Services; Polycom, Inc.; Teliris; Telstra and Verizon.
“This year the consortium will introduce the blueprint to put industry investments in standards and equipment to work in the real world, enabling business-to-business connectivity,” said Andrew McFadzen, OVCC president. “We are excited to welcome these eight new members who will work with existing members to further the OVCC goal of connecting millions of users across six continents.”
Service providers will develop and implement OVCC technical and commercial specifications based on industry standards, best practices and business approaches to answer the need for interconnection, addressing, signaling, interoperability and service coordination. Interoperable, high-quality connectivity across networks and devices should allow network providers to profitably and predictably monetize their inter-enterprise video exchanges. By making interoperability requirements invisible to the enterprise, the OVCC specification enables enterprise users to leverage video conferencing investments and enable more efficient value chains – spanning customers, distributors and suppliers – to improve the speed and efficiency of doing business.
Video collaboration stakeholders interested in closing video connectivity gaps should visit www.ovcc.net or meet OVCC members in person at TIA in Dallas, Texas, in June 2012.
Open Visual Communications Consortium is a group of global video exchange providers, network providers and equipment manufacturers that have united to expand video communications and simplify video calls. OVCC members will create multi-vendor, multi-network specifications offering a technical blueprint and business model to support the full spectrum of video systems, from immersive telepresence and room-based systems, to high definition and standard definition, and from desktop clients to mobile devices. Join the OVCC by visiting us at ovcc.net.
Open Visual Communications Consortium is a non-profit organization under Section 501(c)(6) of the Internal Revenue Code.
OVCC is a trademark or registered trademark of the Open Visual Communications Consortium in the United States, other countries or both. All other product or service names are the property of their respective owners.
Open Visual Communications Consortium